Friday, June 26, 2015

Paint with Yarn

We have been having a lot of fun lately, painting with yarn. So here are a few pictures from what went down!


Paint with Yarn





I tied some yarn around a TP Roll. We applied paint on it with some brushes and he rolled it over paper to make prints: 


Paint with Yarn

Paint with Yarn

Paint with Yarn

Paint with Yarn

He ended up with more paint on his hands than on paper !

Paint with Yarn


I tied up some yarn on the top of a few pencils. These "yarn brushes" are always kept amongst regular brushes. He dips these in paint containers, then lets the yarn dance lightly over paper. Usually it produces spatter. 

Paint with Yarn: Yarn Brushes

Paint with Yarn: Yarn Brushes

I tied some yarn over Jenga blocks. These were dipped in paint and used for stamping over paper.

Paint with Yarn: Yarn on Block

Paint with Yarn: Yarn on Block

I'd written earlier about one of our earlier yarn projects, where he spread glue over paper, glued yarn on it and then paint in between. Read all about it here

Paint with Yarn



This Post is linked to these Link Parties 

P.S: I've made some changes on my blog and I'm thrilled to show them to you!

Here are *newly* created directory pages and a brand new profile page!

Directories:

 Art  



8 comments:

  1. stopped by from Silver Pennies Link party lovely site. Dawn @ Overboard Creations​ I JUST LOVE THIS. SO happy I stopped by

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for our summer bucket list. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! We haven't introduced paint just yet, though I've been thinking about it more often. Since I have spare yarn, I think we'll have to try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the kids will love this, great summer idea to pain with yarn. I'm thinking outside and they can get as creative as they want. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic idea! I'll be doing this with my nieces next time I see them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, the jenga block prints are quite awesome! What a fun post, so messy and artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that roller - though as you say, more on the arm than the paper! Thanks for linking up to the Parenting Pin it Party. Cheers, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Swapna - this post and your photos are FABULOUS!
    Thanks for sharing at Inspire Me Monday at Create With Joy.
    You are one of our Featured Guests this week! :-)
    #244

    ReplyDelete