Friday, March 20, 2015

Easter Eggs Marbling: with Nail Polish: Kids Activity

We *loo..oved* marbling eggs with paint and oil and thought this variation of marbling 'em with nail polish would be fun for a kids activity!

The Practical Mom Preschooler Easter Activity: Marbling Eggs with Nail Polish

 
It wasn't.

I'm used to cleaning up paints, just a bit of sponge wipe, just a soak, just wash your hands well and thats about it. But nail polish? oh boy. I ended up getting a ton of it on my fingers and had to rub, rub and rub with the remover till eternity! and rub acetone over the easel, vessel, spills... So I'm putting up a few pictures- as it was just a one time thing!


Take a vessel of water, drop a few drops of nail polish, and swirl in an egg in it, so as to cover the surface with the nail polish film. This needs to be done within seconds of pouring, else the nail polish forms an opaque, slimy film that may not stick to the egg, or worse look terrible on the egg! After a coupla failed attempts, my 3 year old and I did a bit of teamwork. He dropped the nail polish, I swirled the egg. THANK GOD for that - as I would've been terrified of rubbing that amount of acetone on his hands!



Marbling eggs (& paper) with tempera paints & oil is DEFINITELY better, and much fun compared to nail polish! And your preschooler can be left alone with it too!






This post is shared at these Link Ups



Until later! Stay in touch!

 Sign Up  |  Twitter  |  Pinterest | Facebook 

24 comments:

  1. These eggs are really pretty. Such a great idea!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea to make the Easter eggs sparkle with nail polish. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm coming from Crafty Spices, blog hop. It is my first visit here and I want to tell you that I love your blog. These eggs that you've decorated with nail polish, are original. I like the texture and the colors. I leave the link to my blog if you want to visit my. Your new follower on pinterest.
    Nice to meet you.
    Marisa from http://passionetcouture.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marisa, it was so nice to read your comment. :) I did go through your blog, a bit of a knitting expert aren't you!

      Delete
  4. I am in love with this idea! The eggs looks so polished {no pun intended} and elegant :) Found you at Share Your Cup Thursday....thanks for sharing. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so very polished! Everytime i fish out nail polish my son thinks we're gonna do something with it.. noo! its for mummys nails !

      Delete
  5. These turned out great! This is a fun idea!

    Thank you for stopping by the Thoughtful Spot Weekly Blog Hop this week. We hope to see you drop by our neck of the woods next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun, fun, fun! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only a great idea but a fab way of using up those old nail varnishes. I have shared this on the Weekly Kids Co-op

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if they're too old the may not work, since they get all gooey. you may try though!

      Delete
  8. Marbling eggs is so fun for the kids! Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle Sunday! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a very interesting idea! Nail polish used as Easter Egg coloring is something new and exciting and I have a ton of nail polish around. #abitofeverything

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun idea! The polish looked pretty cool in the water. They turned out gorgeous!
    Thank you for sharing this week at Brag About It link party on VMG206 (Mondays at Midnight).
    ~ Megin of VMG206

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOW fun! I so want to try this! :)

    I would LOVE for you join and share this at my DIY and Recipes FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks fun and the eggs look pretty! Such a clever idea and something very different as well. Thanks for sharing with #abitofeverything

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have eggs on the mind today ( I wonder why)? Thanks so much for this activity! Maybe we will try it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun! What a great way to use up some old nail polish too! Thanks for linkingup at #bloggerspotlight

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fun idea for kids activity!!Thank you for sharing with us at #HomeMattersParty . We would love to have again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow that is such a nifty idea, and they turned out so pretty. Thanks for sharing this idea over at Littles Learning Link Up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kids Activity for Easter! That seems really nice. Loved the idea. I am getting married soon at the local San Francisco wedding venues and was just trying to figure out some ideas for kids’ entertainment so that they enjoy on their own and their parents can enjoy reception. If you have any recommendations, please share.

    ReplyDelete